Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 81st day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions to date on Sunday, Might 15.
Get the newest updates right here.
- “Russia has now possible suffered losses of 1 third of the bottom fight drive it dedicated in February,” the UK’s defence ministry mentioned.
- British navy intelligence mentioned Russia’s offensive within the Donbas “has misplaced momentum and fallen considerably not on time” with a dramatic acceleration unlikely over the following 30 days.
- 4 missile assaults hit navy infrastructure in Yavoriv in western Ukraine close to the Polish border, Lviv area’s Governor Maxim Kozitsky mentioned.
- Russia, rejecting Ukraine’s declare to have set alight a contemporary navy logistics ship within the Black Sea, confirmed pictures of what it mentioned was the Vsevolod Bobrov with no indicators of harm.
- Refugees from bombed-out Mariupol spoke of devastation as they reached Ukrainian-controlled Zaporizhzhia in a big convoy of automobiles after ready days for Russian troops to allow them to go away.
- Russia’s defence ministry mentioned its forces hit Ukrainian command posts, ammunition depots, and different navy gear in a number of areas, together with the Donbas, killing no less than 100 Ukrainian “nationalists”.
- High NATO diplomats meet in Berlin to debate offering additional assist to Ukraine.
- G7 international ministers vowed to bolster Russia’s financial and political isolation, proceed supplying weapons to Ukraine, and work to ease world meals shortages stemming from the conflict.
- Russia’s ambassador to the US, Anatoly Antonov, mentioned the nation’s diplomats in Washington are being threatened with violence.
- Germany has taken all preparations for a fast ratification course of ought to Finland and Sweden determine to use for NATO membership, International Minister Annalena Baerbock mentioned.
- US Senate Republican minority chief Mitch McConnell and a delegation of GOP senators met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Kyiv and expressed their solidarity for Ukraine.
- NATO’s Deputy Secretary Normal Mircea Geoana expressed confidence that Turkey’s considerations over Finland and Sweden becoming a member of NATO could possibly be addressed, after Ankara mentioned it had not shut the door to their entry.
- Croatia’s international minister mentioned talks between Turkey, Finland and Sweden had been heading in the right direction.
- Sweden’s ruling Social Democrats had been poised to come back out in favour becoming a member of NATO, paving the way in which for an utility quickly after and abandoning a long time of navy non-alignment.
- Geoana mentioned Russia’s navy advance in Ukraine seems to be faltering and he expressed hope that Kyiv can win the conflict.
- Ukraine wining the Eurovision Tune Contest confirmed the immense public assist for the nation in its battle towards Russia, Geoana mentioned.