You can now sync your iPhone contacts to Mac wirelessly, without using a computer. Your iCloud account will help you with this. Sign in with your same iCloud account on your iPhone and Mac. Turn on the iCloud services for contacts. Calendars and other information can also be synced from your Mac to iPhone and vice versa. The sync can be done without using an iCloud account too. Here you will get 2 methods on how to sync iPhone contacts to Mac.
How to sync your contacts from iPhone to Mac using iCloud?
iCloud helps to keep your contacts safe along with back up of other supportable files to keep data secure during a malfunction of your phone or iPad.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your iPhone and tap on Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID name > iCloud.
- Find your contacts under Apps using iCloud.Turn on the iCloud. If you are using it for the first time, you need to choose Merge to combine your existing contacts to those of iCloud.
- Now open your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Next check your Contacts. After a while, you will see all your contacts getting synced from your iPhone to Mac.
How to sync iPhone contacts to Mac without using iCloud account?
Your iCloud might go out of control or it might run out of storage for any new contact on iCloud. EaseUS MobiMover will help you to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac for free. For doing this, you have to connect your iPhone and Mac via a USB cable. Run MobiMover on your Mac, transfer files from iPhone to Mac without iTunes. The supported files by EaseUS MobiMover are:
Audios: Music, Voice Memo, Playlist, Ringtones and Audiobooks.
Images: Photo Library, Camera Roll, and Photo Stream.
Videos: Movies, TV Show and Music Video.
Other: Contacts, Messages, Voice Mail, Note, Books and Safari Bookmark.
EaseUS is the most comprehensive iOS data transfer software in the world. It supports transferring almost all the files from the iOS device to the computer, including Mac, Windows PC and laptop. If you want to transfer your data, contacts and calendars from your iPhone to Mac or vice versa you do it easily. Follow the steps to learn how to sync iPhone contacts to Mac.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your Mac device running OS X 10.7 or with a USB cable. Launch the EaseUS MobiMover Free. Choose iDevice to Mac.
Step 2: To transfer your contacts click on More, and keep Contacts selected. MobiMover is a time-saving software; you will get your contacts quickly transferred.
Step 3: Click on the folder icon. Now make a storage path for your contacts to be copied to your Mac.
Step 4:To begin transferring contacts from your iPhone to Mac, select Transfer. Give a few minutes for the process to get completed. Check the imported items by opening the contacts (in HTML format on your Mac) in your browser.
Sync contacts and calendars between your Mac and iPhone or iPad.
You can sync the contacts and calendars from your Mac for your device. Your Mac additionally syncs these statistics from your tool in your Mac — for example, in case you add contacts in your iPad, syncing adds the contacts to ‘Contacts’ in your Mac.
For more on data approximately syncing, see About syncing your Mac and your devices.
Note: If you operate OS X 10.9.five or later, you can sync only the handiest contacts and calendars. Other forms of information are up to date in your Macs and iOS and iPadOS gadgets through iCloud. See iCloud User Guide.
Syncing your contacts and calendar to your device.
During syncing, your Mac determines whether your device or your mac includes the maximum recent facts and syncs new or changed data.
1. Connect your tool in your Mac.
You can join your device with the use of a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. To switch on Wi-Fi syncing, see Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi.
2. In the Finder on your Mac, pick the devices from the Finder sidebar.
3. Select Info from the Button bar.
4. Now do any of the following.
- How to sync iPhone contacts to Mac: Select the “Sync contacts onto [device name]” tickbox, and then click “All groups” or “Selected groups”. If you clicked on “Selected groups”, select the tick boxes of the groups you want to sync within the Groups list. To upload new contacts to a selected group, pick the “Add new contacts from this [device] to” tick box and select a group from the pop-up menu.
- How to sync calendars to your device: First select the “Sync calendars onto [device name]” tickbox, and then click on “All calendars” or “Selected calendars”. If you clicked “Selected calendars”, select the tick boxes of the calendars you need to sync in the Calendars list. To prevent your calendar occasions older than a selected wide variety of days from syncing, pick the “Do no longer sync activities older than [number] days” tickbox and enter a number of days.
- Replacing the contact or calendar facts in your device: Select “Replace Contacts” or “Replace Calendars” to have that data for your device replaced with the records on your Mac.
- For syncing to start, click on Apply.
Replacing the contacts and calendars on your device.
It might occur that you need to change all your information in the Contacts and Calendars on your device with that of your Mac. To do so you need to follow the given steps.
- Connect the device to your Mac by using a USB-C cable or USB or through a Wi-Fi connection.
- In the Finder on your Mac, you have to select your device in the Finder sidebar.
- Now click on Info in the button bar.
4. Go to the “Advanced Replace information on this device” section and do any of the following:
- Click on the “Replace Contacts” tick box and replace the contacts on your device
- Click on the “Replace Calendars” tick box to replace the calendars on your device.
5. When you are prepared to sync, Click on Apply.
Whenever you connect your device to Mac, the contact and calendar information will be updated.
Syncing your data, contacts, calendars from your iPhone to Mac device is an easy and quick procedure. The above-mentioned methods will help you to transfer your data accurately.