In today’s generation, it is impossible to survive without a smart phone. It has got all the handy requirements of our life. But, if the same smart phone has some issues all of a sudden, it is better to be prepared beforehand. Losing contacts on your iPhone can be a real issue. It is important to learn how to backup iPhone contacts prior to any such issue. If you are an iPhone user, you should learn to backup your contacts regularly for multiple reasons. Many people have lost their emergency contact due to this problem. When you lose your iPhone contacts without having any backup, there are more chances of not getting them back at all. Even if there is a slight possibility of recovering them, you will have to face a lot of hassle before having so. It is better you avoid all of this mess and backup your iPhone contacts regularly.
There are multiple ways to backup iPhone contacts. Given below are four methods on how to backup iPhone contacts, in order of their easy access. If you learn to access any of the following methods, the next time you lose all your contacts you do not have to panic. You can easily restore all of them.
How to backup iPhone contacts?
Backup iPhone contacts using iTunes.
Generally, we can do backup iPhone with iTunes. But, backing up with iTunes is obviously not a great choice because the contacts backed up cannot be accessed or restored selectively. But, we can say that maybe it is the only way to backup iPhone contacts.
Follow the given steps to backup your contacts with iTunes.
- Open iTunes and connect with your phone with laptop or computer.
- Your iPhone will automatically detect iTunes.
- Click on the ‘Device’ tab.
- Go to ‘Summary’ and click on ‘Back up now’.
- iTunes will automatically backup all your data on phone.
Then, go to your iPhone backup location.
Note: The above method won’t help you in selective backup. It will backup the entire data of your phone and not only your contact section. If you choose to do selective backup and get access to the contact in the correct file format, the dr.fone will be the best choice for you.
Backing up the iPhone contacts in a selective manner to computer or other device without using iTunes.
Selective backup is a means of backing up only the contacts you need even if you have a listing of contacts. This is the backup technique utilized in dr.fone – Phone Backup (iOS) and when you have been searching for an opportunity to discard a few irrelevant contacts, it is right here. dr.fone’s software has saved lots of people from losing their contacts after they encounter a hassle where their iPhones are formatted or if they lose their phone.
How to backup iPhone contacts using dr.fone?
- Install dr.fone application in your iPhone and connect it to your computer or laptop
- Select Phone backup from tools.
3. This stage allows you to initiate the real touch backup. Select ‘Contacts’ among all supported data types and hit “Backup” and voila! The backup is executed for you. Note, you may additionally backup iMessages, Facebook Messages, photos, messages etc.
4. Congratulations! You have now backed up your iPhone contacts but you need to store them in your PC, dr.fone provides the possibility to be able to shop in .Html, .Vcard or .Csv formats.
5. Simply click “Export to PC” and save in the format of your choice. The gain of using this technique is that it is usually easier, quicker to backup and retrieve in addition to being reliable.
How to backup iPhone contacts using iCloud?
If you backup your contacts using iCloud, you will get to do whatever you wish. But, remember using iCloud may take a lot of time and you will not be able to access the backed up contacts.
Follow these steps to backup using iCloud.
- Click on “Settings” on your iPhone and tap on the “iCloud”.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi and enter your iCloud account details.
- iCloud screen pops up as shown below. Now click contacts and then merge.
4. Click on “Storage and Backup” as given below.
5. Select “iCloud Backup”. Now click on “Backup now”.
6. The backup will begin. It will take some time to back up.
How to backup contacts and export them from iPhone to email?
This is another method to backup your iPhone contacts safely. Given below are the guidelines required to backup and export contacts to your mail.
Backing up iPhone contacts via mail:
- Click on settings, then select “Mail> Contact>Calendar” as shown in the figure below.
- Select “Add Account” on the new page that pops up.
- From the list of options, tap on “Exchange”.
- Enter the information required with respect to your e-mail details.
- In the next page, click on “Save and Export”.
Now you have finally exported and saved to contacts.
Backing up of Apps
Connect your iPhone to your Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to Home screen and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the list.
- Now sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select iCloud.
- Click on the slider next to the desired apps.
- Now go and select the iCloud Backup app at the bottom of the list.
- You need to turn ‘iCloud Backup’ on, if it is disabled.
- Tap on ‘Back Up Now’ and wait for the backup to complete. It may take few minutes.
How to backup media and pictures in your iPhone?
Connect the device to Wi-Fi connection. Your iCloud account will be used for this method.
- Go to Home screen, and tap on Settings.
- Click on your Apple ID at the top of the list.
- Sign in using your Apple ID.
- Select iCloud.
- Select Photos.
- Click on iCloud Photo Library to turn the slider ON.
- Click on iCloud to get back to the previous screen.
- Now tap on the iCloud Backup app at the bottom of the list.
- Turn on iCloud Backup, if disabled.
- Now select “Backup Now” and wait for the backup to be completed.
To restore backed up apps, you ought to restore the software first and complete the initial setup process.
To restore sponsored contacts, you need to restore the software program and complete the initial setup process.
Restore media & pictures
To restore already backed up media and pictures, you must reload the software program and the entire preliminary setup process.
After trying out all the options on how to backup iPhone contacts, we will propose the dr.fone software technique to backup iPhone contacts. It is much less complicated as your backup can start in less than three clicks in comparison to the other strategies that require lengthier steps. It implies that even a novice can use the relevant methods with little to no guide. You can also easily view your contacts from your computer if you wish.
Furthermore, you don’t need an internet connection, like the remaining two methods, where network failure could cause your contacts not being backed up. This could cause a false experience of security until you want the contacts, simplest to recognize that they are not there.