Castlevania’s latest relevance has been unusual. The beloved Dracula-hunting sequence has primarily existed as a wonderful animated TV present on Netflix, however as a online game sequence it has been comparatively quiet, save for compilation releases of earlier video games . Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls is the primary really new Castlevania recreation since Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 in 2014, and it is solely out there as a part of Apple Arcade.
Grimoire of Souls truly launched after which was pulled offline and was then re-released with out a lot fanfare for Apple Arcade. It has existed principally unnoticed, however it’s a canonical Castlevania recreation and for its 1.4.0 replace, the story has concluded and in an sudden twist, it guarantees to incorporate revelations in regards to the 1990 NES recreation, Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse. Together with the story conclusion, you will discover the record of further updates beneath.
- A number of new Grimoires have been added, together with the ultimate Grimoire that concludes the story.
- Two new members have been added to the Alter Arts lineup!
- A brand new ‘Soul Fragments’ retailer has been added.
- Numerous parchments have been added to the “Commerce Store/Parchment” lineup.
- A “New Sport +” mode has been added that permits you to play the story from the start however with transferring some parts from the saved information after the sport has been cleared.
- Different enhancements and fixes have been made.
Apple Arcade is an odd place for brand new Castlevania online game content material to completely exist, however the promise of an entire story could entice lapsed Castlevania gamers a motive to hunt the sport out. I solely performed it for a couple of ranges when it initially launched, however I plan on seeing what story revelation may probably added to a Castlevania recreation from greater than 30 years in the past.
For extra Castlevania, you may learn GameSpot’s record of the perfect entries within the sequence. You too can examine how Castlevania: Lords of Shadow despatched the sequence in a unbelievable new route, solely to squander all of it within the sequel.
GameSpot could get a fee from retail presents.