Looking for reliable security cameras at reasonable prices? Bingo! You have come to the right place. Security is of utmost importance nowadays. To keep surveillance on your private premises doesn’t always mean that you have to empty your bank account. Sure, there are products that compromise certain features to make the product more economical but we bring you 10 best cheap outdoor security cameras.
Why do you need an outdoor camera? Ever had your courier stolen from right outside your gate? Ever had your car stolen from your garage? Stealing stuff is very easy when one knows that no one is watching. The burglar is long gone before you realize that you are the newest prey to stealing. Outdoor cameras offer good protection from these mishaps. There’s arguably a wide range of sophisticated security cameras that can be mixed and matched to customize a whole new surveillance system. Outdoor cameras occupy a place in that wide range. They are more durable and stronger, unlike indoor cameras.
They are specially designed for a full wide view to accommodate outdoor requirements. An outdoor security camera plays an important role and acts as a strong deterrent to mischief makers and keeps a 24/7 eye on external activities. Conflict of thought always arises when one is offered too many options. Unfortunately, this is exactly the case we have here. To simplify and bring some clarity in the process of choosing the right outdoor security camera for your house that doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket, we have compiled a list of 10 best cheap outdoor security cameras for you. Take a look.
Reolink Argus 2:
Priced at USD 94.99, this is the most reasonable outdoor security camera with almost all features. Requiring no network or power cable, no drilling and no outlets, security with Reolink Argus 2 makes security pretty simple. The buyer can put it literally anywhere- the backdoor, a desk, a shelf. It is efficient in keeping an eye on the elderly, babies or pets. It is weatherproof making it reliable for outdoor use as well as indoor use. It is completely wire-free over Wi-Fi, has a rechargeable battery, starlight night vision, 1080p Full HD and 130° wide viewing angle.
Let’s talk more about the specific features of this camera.
- The point that it is rechargeable and solar-powered helps in money saving and sustaining the environment makes it ideal for a concerned, responsible citizen who is sticking to a budget. Also, there is no risk of running or stepping on a live wire eradicating the risk of getting electrical shocks.
- This camera sees everything. Literally everything. With 1080p Full HD and starlight night vision, the user gets a clearer and sharper image with high-quality videos in very low light conditions from full daylight to starlight.
- PIR motion sensor and intelligent alerts makes it easy for the user to be ready for any potential danger. The sensors detect if anything is wrong and alerts the user via push notifications, emails and siren alerts in real-time. It even gives out a low battery notification.
- Reasonable price.
- Free basic cloud storage options.
- Two-year limited warranty.
- Micro SD card is not included. To record the camera’s function, you will have to purchase a micro SD card.
In conclusion, I find Reolink Argus 2 a very good product in terms of safeguarding and keeping surveillance of your house and its occupants. The basic version of the product provides storage space of 1 GB and storage duration of a week. In addition to this, access to the live video feed through the app is absolutely free enabling the user to access live footage from anywhere, anytime with an aid from a remote.
2. Kasa Outdoor Camera by TP-Link:
This camera rank 2nd in our list of best cheap outdoor security cameras for various reasons, one of them being low cost. On Amazon, it is priced at 74.99 USD. Yes, you heard it right. Now you must be wondering that at such a low cost it won’t have good features. The answer is no. TP-Link has provided us with a near-perfect product. It is strong, resilient and robust in design. It is weatherproof and weighs about 8.8 ounces. The best thing is that you won’t have hire anyone to install the security camera for you because you can do it all by yourself. It is an easy DIY installation and doesn’t need professional consultation, saving you any additional costs. Let’s dive deeper into the features.
- Its crystal-clear vision provides the user with sharp and wide-angle 130° view of the surroundings. In addition to this, its night vision enables the camera to detect any kind of activity up to 30fts. This makes it nearly impossible for you to miss any sort of suspicious activity.
- Another option provided by this wonder product is the setting of customized, free of cost alert zones. The user can set four specific alert zones which are important sites like the back door, porch, driveway etc. This also helps control the alerts sent when any activity is spotted.
- Kasa Outdoor Camera provides the users with the facility of watching and sharing live video or previous footage with anyone, anywhere. It also enables the users to stream live footage on any Alexa or Google Assistant supported display using the free of charge Kasa Smart app. Outdoor security cameras are prone to producing false alarms because of the many motions triggered in the external environment. The Kasa Smart app can also be used to control the camera, light switches, bulbs etc. while you are not at home.
- Flexibility is one of the most important factors of an outdoor security camera. Kasa Outdoor Camera offers the user with the best angle and video quality. It allows the user to monitor the surroundings in an easy manner with simple rotation and easy installation process.
- Users can employ the audio option of the camera by pairing it up with Alexa. This enables voice control, hence making it easy and hands-free.
- Two-way audio and activity zones.
- Good night vision.
- High-quality video.
- Two days free of cost cloud storage.
- Cheap design.
- The siren is pretty quiet.
In conclusion, we give Kasa Outdoor Camera by TP-Link a thumbs up for everyone who wants a secure and reliable outdoor security camera that doesn’t wipe half of their bank account.
3. Yale All-in-One Outdoor Camera:
As the name suggests, Yale All-in-One Outdoor Camera literally has all the main features clubbed in. The device includes a security camera accompanied by a night vision facility, a two-way audio facility, a spotlight and a siren. Now you must think that such a device must cost a fortune. Miraculously, no. It is priced at a very reasonable price. It is especially useful for those who live in apartments and don’t need a hi-fi security camera system. Even though the setup of this particular camera isn’t that easy but you can go through the manual and get up and running in a space of 10 minutes. The following are the main features of Yale All-in-One Camera.
- The 1080p video quality provided is clear, crisp and sharp. It can be paired up with Amazon Alexa and proves it impossible to miss any activity with its 110° wide viewing angle.
- It enables the recording of videos and photos and provides a perfectly responsive motion detector. The user can also set specific activity zones like the porch, garage etc.
- A strong night vision facility helps you to identify whether the object detected by the motion detectors as friend or foe. Additionally, the 110-decibel siren is sufficiently loud and effective.
- Inbuilt spotlight available.
- Night vision up to 10 meters.
- No ongoing subscription required.
- Pocket friendly.
- Apartment friendly.
- Intercom facility.
- No micro SD card supplied.
- Involves wires.
- No cloud storage.
- Plastic body, no special design.
4. Kami Outdoor Battery Camera:
This camera, launched by YI Technology, has made it to our list of best cheap outdoor security cameras because of its extremely low price. Taking note of its cheap price, I was, without a doubt, pleasantly surprised to find its design as one of the most sophisticated and elegant style. It is battery charged meaning you don’t have to deal with wires which reduces the risk as well as the hassle. Also, its wireless ability makes it easy to install by a layman, hence saving the additional set up cost. It is reliable in the sense that it won’t send an alert caused by flying insects. This kind of smart AI at such a cheap price makes Kami Outdoor Battery Camera a very attractive product to buy. It has an IP65 rating making it weatherproof and enabling it to withstand harsh weather conditions without malfunctioning. Let’s have a look at its other features in detail.
- It has 1080p HD video with a 140° wide-field view making it one of the best outdoor security cameras. If this was any less, this product offers PIR (passive infrared) motion detection which response to infrared heat to detect human and animal presence and to ignore inanimate objects like cars. This makes it smart unlike other similar products and places it as a top choice for outdoor security cameras.
- Installation is pretty easy with the absence of wires. It has four rechargeable batteries which last for around 7 days. YI Technology provides the user with the Kami all of which will walk you through the process of installation and help you fix any problems.
- The Kami app also helps you track live footage and videos while you are away from home. You can even disarm or control the camera, record video, capture still shots and use two-way audio via the app.
- The night vision is pretty effective. It switches on automatically in low light and provides sufficient illumination and contrast to detect facial details of a person in the frame.
- Accurate PIR motion detection and infrared heat detection facility.
- Obnoxiously cheap.
- High video quality.
- No audio detection.
To sum up, Kami Battery Powered Outdoor Camera offers accurate, error-free and easy detection of suspicious activity at low rates. It does not compromise on any facility and offers secure, reliable protection under the disguise of sleek, sophisticated design.
5. Ring Stick Up Battery Camera:
This camera device is one of the most versatile products ever made. Its specialty is that it can be used both as an indoor camera as well as an outdoor camera. The design is stylish and comes in two colors – black and white. It has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack with 1080p HD video facility and infrared night vision. Environment-friendly people can use solar power to charge the batteries. Ring Stick Up Battery Cam is strong and weatherproof. It is tested to be resilient and can withstand harsh weather conditions. It is prided for its durability as it can work quite efficiently even when the climate drastically ranges from negative five to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. It has an easy setup and is up and ready to run before you know it. Some of the main features are listed below.
- As mentioned above, the device provides infrared night vision and provides clear and sharp visions during night time. The high video quality ensures clear and vivid imagery in the daytime as well. It offers 1080p HD and the field view at 130-degree wide-angle making it capable of capturing every image and movement carefully.
- The Ring Stick Up Cam Battery offers a two-way audio facility with noise cancellation to get rid of extraneous background sounds, providing the user with a more clear and smooth sound network.
- The user can pair the camera device with Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant for voice command control making the working absolutely hands free and hassle-free.
- The official Ring app offers the facility of controlling the camera from your smartphone even when you are miles away. You can give commands of camera rotation, get push notifications and even disarm the device via this app.
- Two-way audio.
- Alexa and Google Assistant integrations.
- Unorganized app.
- Narrow field of view.
- No specific human detection.
- No free cloud storage facility.
In conclusion, if I had to rate this outdoor security camera, I’d give it 3 stars out of 5. It is easy to install, efficient to use, provides high video quality and is integrated with legitimate and reputed systems. But it is not perfect. The lack of free cloud storage, limited field view and no specific human detection makes it a little problematic.
6. Swann Outdoor Security Camera:
Weighing approximately 1 pound, this camera is ranked 6th in our best cheap outdoor security cameras list. With cheap price and high-quality videos, this device has become a popular choice among people. It might lack the sophisticated and elegant styled design compared to other outdoor security cameras but makes up with its other features like providing the users with 1080p full HD view, responsive motion detection and highly affordable prices. It has been given the IPS66 weatherproofing rate which means that it can withstand a powerful jet of water as well as dust present in the natural environment. Another vivid feature of Swann Outdoor Security Camera’s design is the adjustable Wi-Fi antenna and a hardwired “tail” of cables that include a power port, an Ethernet connector, and a reset button. Let’s look at the camera’s features for more information.
- Accuracy in detecting people and animals because of the PIR sensor, which only picks up body heat while ignoring motions and movements made due to swaying tree branches, passing cars, and other outdoor objects. Prompt alerts and push notifications keep the user updated on any suspicious activity that might be happening outside.
- Swann has a dual viewing specialty. It has Sensor Warning Light which enables the user to see color during night time up to 32ft/10M, activated by heat or via the app. The other view is of infrared night vision which lets the user see in black & white monochromatic vision of up to 100ft/30M.
- The 1080p full HD view provides clear and sharp images of passing cars, license plates, people’s faces etc. With the help of a hypersensitive motion detector, it is almost impossible to miss any suspicious person or activity happening outside your house.
- Easy to install and integrate with Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant supported display helps the user keep track of outside activity while not being at home. The Swann app helps connect the devices and enables the user to control the camera’s function via a smartphone.
- HD Quality Camera with Night Vision.
- Great field view with 120 degrees wide angle,
- Storage available on cloud-free of cost.
- Highly affordable.
- Installation is easy enough but involved drilling.
- Lacks two-way audio facility.
Swann Outdoor Security Camera is affordable with infrared night vision and motion detection. It does lack the two-way audio facility found in its competitors but makes up for it by being easy to handle and being flexible. With real-time prompt notifications and genuine alerts, it makes up for the lacking facility. I recommend it to anyone who needs a decent outdoor security camera that is reliable and resilient and doesn’t trigger unnecessary alerts.
7. Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security Camera:
Another super cheap outdoor security camera is Amcrest UltraHD 4K Outdoor Security Camera. It offers a robust build that provides resistance to harsh weather conditions. Though the design is basic and outdated, it provides security to its highest. It is simple and the user is offered a one-year warranty and lifetime support. The setup process is relatively short and simple and doesn’t require a technician. You yourself can install the device by following simple instructions provided by Amcrest. With unbelievably high-quality videos and footages, this device has risen to the top quite effortlessly. I think the USP of this product, apart from its affordability, is the superior HD 4K quality. The following are the features of this product.
- The 4K HD video quality that I mentioned earlier provides the entire view of its surrounding with vivid imagery and a clear solution. You won’t have to guess or assume what the object is. Its wide 112° field view even shows the license plates of cars driving by very clearly.
- Infrared night vision technology puts it ahead of its game. The camera has 2 IR LEDs that provide clear visibility even at night time. It provides a visibility range of up to 96fts. There is literally no way that any suspicious activity or presence of an object can be missed.
- It is designed in such a way that protects it from drastically changing harsh weather. It has a heavy-duty metal weatherproof IP67 rating enabling the camera to withstand not only storms but also the scorching sun in the summers and chilly winters too.
- Users can receive live footage and videos via the Amcrest app making it a secure and more reliable security system. Swann Outdoor Security Camera can be integrated with Amazon’s Alexa too.
- High video quality and resolution.
- Easy installation process.
- Infrared night vision with LEDs.
- Is not integrated with IPTTT.
Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security Camera offers brilliant security options at a very reasonable price. With clear, sharp images that can be used to identify even license plates of passing cars, a very simple installation process and a robust weatherproof designed structure, it is a dream come true for people searching for reliable outdoor security cameras while sticking to a budget. With an entire year’s US warranty and Life Support and Power on Ethernet (POE Camera) for easy installation, Amcrest Outdoor Security Camera is truly an ideal choice for buyers out there.
8. EZVIZ C3WN 1080p Outdoor WiFi Bullet Camera:
This product is specified in our best cheap outdoor security cameras to buy because of its one feature i.e. multiple storage facilities. On top of this tempting feature, the cost of this camera is extremely low, relatively speaking. It provides near to perfect surveillance methods and a smooth and easy setting up process. It has a very different design as well. It has dual Wi-Fi antennas and is attached to its mount with a ball joint for easy angling. A tail sprouting from the back of the mount splits into a power jack and an ethernet connector. Let’s jump into the product’s features for more insight.
- Once mounted, the camera is adjustable and can rotate to 360 degrees and can tilt 90 degrees.
- The user can connect the camera to the app enabling the live stream feature. Everything can be viewed on the smartphone enabling the user to control the camera’s function and make it work according to his whims.
- With Full HD 1080p Video and 100ft Night Vision, the resolution is high with no distortion of any kind.
- The product is rated IP66, indicating that it is protected from the natural dust present in the environment and from high-pressure water jets coming from any direction. It can operate in temperatures from -22 degrees to 140 degrees F making it resilient and trustable.
- The camera has a 110-degree viewing angle and captures 1080p video. It has a built-in noise-canceling microphone that provides clear audio at up to 16 feet in the chaotic outdoor environments. In addition to this, it has two infrared LEDs provided by the company of up to 100 feet of automatically activated night vision.
- The camera has a built-in smart motion detector which is hypersensitive to any kinds of movements or activities happening in the surrounding.
- High-quality video.
- High-quality audio.
- Infrared night vision.
- Free micro SD card.
- Lack of POE.
- Hypersensitive motion detectors.
- Storage on the cloud is charged.
- It requires proximity to an indoor electrical outlet.
- Drilling a wall is necessary for installing it.
EZVIZ C3WN 1080p Outdoor WiFi Bullet Camera is an awesome outdoor security camera. It is money friendly, has high video and audio quality, is wireless and has good responsive motion detectors. This product poses as a great competition to its rivals and is recommended.
9. Nest Cam IQ Outdoor:
Nest Cam IQ Outdoor has been named as one of the best outdoor security cameras of the year. It’s all of it. The camera has IP66 rating making it a strong weatherproof device withstanding the wrath of nature. It has high video quality with 4K image sensors. Nest Cam is pricey but it also makes up for it by providing the users with features that are worth the extra penny. Let’s take a look at the features.
- This camera enables the users to access live video by connecting with the official app. Live video and footage can be streamed and viewed anytime, anywhere.
- 24/7 continuous recording is another exceptional facility provided if you decide to but Nest Aware. It enables full footage storage once you buy the cloud subscriptions.
- Motion/sound notifications and prompt alerts are issued in real-time whenever something suspicious is spotted in the surroundings.
- Two-way audio is another great facility provided by Best Cam. It enables the user to operate the device absolute hands-free and hassle-free.
- Great infrared night vision with high power LEDs are offered which makes it an all the more secure device that can without fail spot any activity or movement happening in the dead of the night.
- One of the greatest features of this product is the resolution from the 4K image sensors that enable a special feature called Supersight to detect and zoom in on an individual’s face and then follow their movement using digital zoom in technique. This is linked to another special feature of recognizing facial details.
- Facial feature recognition technique.
- Infrared night vision.
- Two-way audio facility.
- Cloud storage charges.
- Difficult to install.
Nest Cam Outdoor Camera is truly a revelation with its special features of supersight and facial recognition. Though it is expensive when compared to other products and you may have to hire a technician to install the system, it is absolutely worth the price.
10. Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro:
Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro is another brilliant invention in the history of outdoor security cameras. It’s USP is undoubtedly the feature that actually identifies suspicious lurkers and sounds an alarm to make them know that they have been spotted. This feature makes it the ultimate security camera. Apart from this, the camera is designed to be robust in structure. It has high video quality and motion detectors. Let’s see the features to understand more about this product.
- Like its rival, Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro is also equipped with a 4K HDR sensor and infrared LEDs which enables it to deliver sharp and clear images and maintains its high video quality with good resolution.
- It is IP65 rated making it weatherproof. It can withstand water jet spray and dust present in the natural environment.
- It has a 140-degree field of view and employs infrared LEDs to deliver up to 40 feet of black-and-white night vision.
- It has a two-way audio facility with an 85db siren that is enabled when any suspicious activity is discovered.
- It has a special feature called smart sentry where if an individual is caught lingering more than usual an alert is triggered and red lights start flashing. The user can choose the sound of the siren and the duration till which time it will sound in the given options.
- High-quality video and audio.
- Infrared night vision.
- Smart sentry feature.
- Difficult to install.
- Doesn’t have a room in the facility.
Vivint Outdoor CameraPro shares many similarities with Best Cam Outdoor Camera. With its special smart sentry feature, high video quality and sensitive motion detectors it successfully covers up for its expensive cost and difficult installation. This product is more appropriate for a corporate setting.
Guidelines to purchasing outdoor security cameras:
- Security cameras have become a necessary part of human life. Whether you want to keep an eye on your pet or baby or your car, security cameras are in demand. Selecting the ideal security camera can prove difficult when there are so many options available. Before buying or finalizing on a security camera, make sure you have gone through all the available options.
- To simplify the process of choosing an outdoor security camera, allot a budget. This way you can filter through easily and find your ideal product.
- Geographical and demographical requirements are very important to keep in mind. Every security camera is different. Some may suit an apartment (closed quarters) while others are made for more open spaces like bungalows and villas. While shopping for security cameras keep in mind the area you live in.
- Almost the majority of outdoor security cameras can be installed by self. Make sure you follow the instructions given in the manual carefully. For additional help, you can go to YouTube and search for the installation process. There is absolutely no rule about not seeking professional help. If need be, you can seek a professional technician’s help.
- In this era almost everything is wireless. Most cameras are wireless and need Wi-Fi connection to function. Make sure you have all the requirements needed to fulfill the setting up process for a security camera.
In conclusion, I have given you the best cheap outdoor security cameras available on Amazon. The final decision rests on you alone to buy whatever you think suits you. Keep in mind that an ideal outdoor security camera should have a good video quality, motion detectors and should be weatherproof. These are the basic requirements for any outdoor security camera. Additional functions are like an icing on the cake so gear up and choose your own outdoor security cameras.