If you are a frequent traveler, then buying the best 360-degree outdoor security camera becomes one of the major tasks on your checklist. Because, we can see that there is an increase in the crime rates, especially in the urban areas. With a self-centered or individualistic lifestyle in the urbanized regions, people aren’t even aware of the happenings in their neighborhood. So, you have to take your steps to protect your house. Earlier, using a home security system or gadgets was considered a fancy affair. Also, these security systems used to be very costly, and thus not everyone could afford it. And only wealthy people with spacious bungalows, and posh offices would buy such security systems.
But with the increasing need of protecting your house and surrounding, the security systems became more affordable and accessible. The manufacturers started providing them at the prices that can be suitable for all. Eventually, more and more people started using such security systems to protect their houses. And from all the available gadgets, outdoor security cameras are the easiest and efficient option. Once these cameras are placed outside your doors, you can breathe a sigh of relief. And your house or office is protected from any threat of crime or burglary even if you are not present there.
So, let’s have a look at the top 10 best 360-degree outdoor security camera to protect your home.
1. Arlo Pro 3
Manufactured by: Arlo
Arlo has been one of the most trusted brands when it comes to buying the best 360-degree outdoor security camera. Their models are preferred by everyone because of the easy installation process, user-friendly and unique set of features, and a very amazing video quality. It has some of the coolest features and a very effective night vision clarity. I will mention all its major features under the specifications.
You will understand why the Arlo Pro 3 is one of the best 360-degree outdoor security camera, when you look at its features. It consists of two weatherproof cameras and two mounts, along with a smart charging cable. I was impressed with its sharp video delivery with 2K clarity, a colored night vision mode, and good compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. It also works well on voice commands.
The basic design of this outdoor camera has been kept the same as the one that its preceding models had. So, there’s nothing to mention specifically about it. It comes with a rechargeable battery that can last up to 6 months in good weather conditions and proper usage.
- Provides a high-quality video with 2K clarity
- A weatherproof and wire-free outdoor camera
- Simple installation and usage methods
- The up-gradation process is easy for the existing owners
- With the multiple 2K streaming, there were some minor performance issues
- You will have to take a subscription to enjoy the advanced features
- Quite an expensive one, looking at the features
I feel that it’s quite an expensive investment, but I’m getting a lot of features in those 499 bucks. Looking at the video quality, an excellent night feature, and various other safety features, this outdoor safety camera will be worth it. Also, you can get advanced, intelligent features once you subscribe to the smart storage plan. With these advanced subscriptions, good quality voice control, and third-party devices, the Arlo Pro 3 has topped the charts in the Editor’s choice as well. So, you can surely give it a try.
2. Kami Smart Outdoor Security Camera
Manufactured by: Kami
To be honest, I was very surprised, rather shocked when I saw the price tag – $60?!! For a security camera that is going to protect my home and its surrounding in my absence? Is it even a choice? we have this strange attitude of judging the products based on their price tags. So, when I saw such a low-price security camera, I was doubtful about the quality of service that it will provide. But when I looked at its features, I realized that Kami Smart has not compromised with its features just for the sake of its low price.
So, what’s so special about this outdoor security camera that I decided to include it in the list of best 360-degree outdoor security camera? Well, it has got everything that you look for in an outdoor security camera. With an Ip-65 construction, this camera is too weatherproof to get affected by the atmospheric disturbances.
It comes with an advanced night vision with color, a smart human detection feature, a two-way audio system, and a good quality motion detection with smart activity zones. It can perfectly differentiate between human and non-human figures because of its smart human detection ability.
- Extremely low cost for such a variety of features
- A durable, weatherproof, and easy-to-operate outdoor camera
- Very effective smart human detection feature
- Lack of advanced features that can be found in other similar models
- Spending a few more bucks can give you some extremely better features
Let’s face it, but the thing that attracted me the most is its low price. Because, why should I spend hundreds of dollars when I’m getting all the basic required features in just sixty dollars? I think this outdoor camera will be a perfect choice for normal-sized houses or offices, that don’t need an extremely high-class security system. This will be the best investment in such a case, and it will also last long.
3. Blink XT2 Outdoor Security Camera
Manufactured by: Blink
Price: $99.99 ($179.99, if you want a 2-camera kit)
The indoor security cameras by Blink were very well-received by the customers, and their outdoor security cameras were one of the most anticipated ones. And they fulfilled the expectations of their customers by launching one of the most affordable outdoor security cameras, integrating with the existing indoor cameras. It has got some of the best and unique features that one can ever get for a price below $100, which makes it a very affordable and best 360-degree outdoor security camera.
I would like to start with the battery features. It has got two lithium-ion batteries with a warranty of 2 years’ life, which is an amazing thing for such a low-price security camera. Also, with its 1080p Full HD clarity, it can provide a great quality streaming and recording clips. Both the indoor and outdoor cameras are able to record video clips ranging from 5 to 60 seconds time-span.
Going ahead with its features, the Blink XT2 outdoor camera comes with an integrated motion and temperature sensors. It is compatible with android and iOS devices, and it has got its cloud storage facility. Apart from that, it also supports the Amazon Alexa voice control feature, and provides an infrared night vision in its 24-hours surveillance.
- A good weatherproof and waterproof, Wi-Fi enabled camera that can work well even in the rains
- Good quality infrared night vision
- Availability of free cloud storage
- Comparatively less features, if we look at other models of the same range
- Video recording ability is quite short
If you observe all the features provided by Blink XT2 outdoor security camera, you will see that they are quite a lot for such an inexpensive camera. When we think of home security gadgets, we have this feeling that it will require a lot of spending to get good services. but this has been proven false by brands like Blink. This camera is affordable to anyone ready to spend some dollars on his home security.
4. Nest Cam IQ Outdoor
Manufactured by: Google Nest
If you are looking for the best 360-degree outdoor security camera under the price limit of $500, then the Nest Cam IQ outdoor security camera is one of the best and coolest choices that you can ever go for. It is one of the most recent models in the market, that has risen to popularity within a few times, because of its robust design and excellent features. There are various buying options for this one, and the best deals start from as low as $330. It’s a package of some very intelligent features that will not disappoint its users.
The smart home security gadgets by Google have always been users’ favorite, and this time, the Google Nest Cam IQ outdoor camera has become the editor’s choice security gadget because of its unique features and excellent service. It has a 4K sensor with a solid HDR output of 1080p.
It has got a cool and slick design which is too good for a security camera. The feature that I liked the most, however, was the smart tracking and facial recognition feature. The package comes with a detailed installation guide that will help you throughout the process.
- A good-looking camera with a robust design
- Compatible with Android TV, smartphones, and a web browser as well
- Provides instant notifications and an easy clip review to the user
- Imaging quality is fantastic, along with a two-way clear audio
- External security features like a siren or a floodlight are lacking
- The installation process is quite trickier
- You need to buy Nest Aware subscription to enjoy some more features
It was not an easy task for me to pick out the best features, and mention them here, but I have tried it. Apart from the above-mentioned features, there is a wide range of features available, which makes it a worthwhile choice for a good outdoor security camera. Plus, the brand name associated with it already gives it a high prestige.
5. Amcrest 2K Wireless Camera
One of the most important things to be checked while buying the best 360-degree outdoor security camera is its weather-resistance. As the camera is always exposed to the frequently changing weather conditions, it has to have a good weatherproof quality that will make it durable. And the 2K 3MP wireless camera by Amcrest is the best choice from that point. This wireless outdoor security camera is extremely weatherproof, and is also available at a very affordable price. It’s an easy fit for your budget and will also last longer. So, let’s take a look at its prominent features.
As mentioned above, I chose this outdoor security camera in my top 10 list because it is extremely weatherproof, so I don’t have to worry about that. It has got an IP67 weatherproof rating, which is considered as one of the highest ratings for an outdoor security camera. It can resist intense hot or cold weather, sharp temperature changes, and it is also waterproof and dust-proof.
Along with that, it has got a number of cool features. The video quality is 2K HD, a good night visibility up to around 100 feet, and compatibility with Amazon Alexa voice control. It also provides free cloud storage for a period of 4 hours and you can download its photos and videos on your mobile or laptop.
- Superb weatherproof features
- Very affordable price
- Good camera quality at such a cheap rate
- Absence of advanced features
- Less cloud storage time
As my final words, I would like to say that this camera may not be the best choice as an outdoor security camera, but it’s surely a better and one of the most affordable choices in comparison with other similar models. Also, it guarantees a long-lasting service and durability because of its weatherproof and waterproof qualities, and it will keep protecting your house regardless of the weather conditions. Thus, I would suggest this camera to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive, yet worth spending.
6. Ring Stick Up Cam Battery
Manufactured by: Ring
Gone are those days when you had to spend hundreds of dollars to buy a good quality wireless outdoor security camera. Because this stick-up camera launched by Ring stands high above any other wireless camera in the market, looking at its versatile features and an amazingly affordable price. Because it is a completely wireless camera, you can make your own choice about its fitting – you can fit it anywhere you want. Also, the complete package is available for less than a hundred dollars, so it becomes a very affordable choice. thus, it is surely the best 360-degree outdoor security camera.
This camera has a very good base and I was able to fold/bent it in multiple directions, giving a wide area coverage. Because of it being wireless, you can fit it on a wall, door area, or even a fence post. It can be operated via the official app of Ring.
It comes with a 1080p video clarity, and an adjustable motion detection facility. The two-way audio has a noise cancellation feature. It is also compatible with Amazon Alexa.
- Fully wireless camera that has no wires or power cables to get tangled
- Capable of indoor as well as outdoor security
- Camera sensors are motion-activated
- A smart home capability gadget to secure your house
- The process to recharge the battery is very tedious and time taking
- The battery life is also not a long-lasting one
- some users have complained over its security issues
Looking at its overall performance and features, it is the best option as an outdoor security camera. Though there have been complaints about the breach of the user’s security, the company has taken proper steps to eliminate these issues. And they are also going to take some further steps to strengthen the security features. They are also going to add a privacy dashboard along with some additional privacy settings. Thus, overall, it’s a very good and affordable option.
7. Arlo Ultra
Manufactured by: Arlo
Arlo Ultra has been one of the most trustworthy brands by providing a wide range of home security solutions. And their latest addition in the list is Arlo Ultra outdoor security camera. I must place this camera above any other because of its excellent streaming quality. And if you look at all its features, you will understand why it has such a high price. This camera is not only a user’s choice, but also an editor’s choice when it comes to top home security cameras.
First of all, it provides streaming and video recording in 4K clarity, which is amazing for a security camera. It has an alarm feature, and a cellular back-up availability. Also, it works well on Wi-Fi connectivity and can be operated through a mobile application provided by the company. It has 4K video and photo resolution and a two-way audio.
Though it lacks environmental sensors, it is a weatherproof camera that you can rely on. Also, the night vision capacity is very effective, and you won’t require a monitoring contract to enjoy its features. It provides a local cloud storage for storing photos and videos. Though it requires a handsome amount to be paid, the user is getting a lot for those four hundred dollars.
- No requirement of wire connections
- The motion detection is AI-based, and a good motion tracking feature
- A colored night vision with a 4K imagery
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple watch
- Quite an expensive choice
- A hub is required
- Despite an expensive price, you require a subscription for some features
Though the Arlo Ultra seems to be quite an expensive choice, the services and features provided by it make it worth it. It is one of the fewest outdoor security cameras that provide an extremely good quality streaming and video recording with a stunning 4K clarity. Also, the complete package of features makes it the best 360-degree outdoor security camera to buy.
8. D-Link DCS-8600LH
Manufactured by: D-Link
It is usually observed that the outdoor security cameras that have good features, come with an expensive price, which is also more than the indoor security cameras from the same brands. But D-Link has launched a very economic choice for buying an outdoor security camera, which comes with a list of features that make it the best 360-degree outdoor security camera.
This camera had become the editor’s choice because of the variety of features that it provides. This is a weatherproof camera that provides an amazing sound and motion detection. Also, it comes with a slot for a micro SD card that enables local storage.
This outdoor security camera can function on voice commands, and is compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant as well. It also showed no compatibility issues with other third-party devices, and has an IP65-rated weatherproof quality.
- Provides a sharp HD video clarity
- Very compatible with other smart devices
- Good quality motion and sound detection
- A very easy installation process
- Apple HomeKit support is lacking
- A Micro SD card is not included with it
This outdoor security camera by D-Link is a very affordable and efficient home security option. It comes with a variety of features along with the above-mentioned ones, and the brand name is also a trustworthy choice. Thus, this choice will not disappoint you in any aspect.
9. Reolink Argus 2
Manufactured by: Reolink
If you are too bored to adjust the wire settings, but yet want to arrange a surveillance system for your home, then Reolink Argus 2 wireless outdoor security camera is a good option for you. Ignoring a few bugs, this camera is a very cheap and effective device that can be set up very easily. It works very well with a Wi-Fi connection and is compatible with a smartphone as well. though there is a huge list of its unique features, I will try to cover all the major features that make it the best 360-degree outdoor security camera.
It works on a lithium-ion battery that is rechargeable with a power cord, and even with a Reolink solar panel. It has built-in motion sensors that are detectable with the reolink app. You get a notification when the camera senses motion if you install the official app on your mobile to ease your work.
The camera needs an SD card for the functioning of its recording feature. It comes with a silicone sleeve which is weather resistant. Another important feature is its extremely clear night vision that can provide image clarity up to a distance of 36-feet. You can easily operate it using the reolink app.
- No necessity of contracts
- A limited warranty period of two years
- A free cloud storage option for basic storage
- It does not include a Micro SD card for storage
- Connectivity is poor which lags the video recording
Though I must appreciate the camera for its easy setup and a rechargeable battery that lasts long, the connectivity issues are something to worry about. Several issues affect its overall effectiveness and efficiency as an outdoor security camera. But yet, if you are looking for a good choice that won’t require much of your time, money, and efforts, then this camera is a better option. Because other alternatives may not be that easy.
10. Hive View Outdoor Security Camera
Manufactured by: Hive View
Buying a good outdoor security camera within our budget isn’t an easy task. And again, getting all the features that you want within that price limit is also a big thing. But there are a number of options that can fulfill your demands. With the increasing demands of customers, various brands are introducing some of the most efficient security cameras at an extremely affordable price. Thus, this last pick in my top 10 choices for the best 360-degree outdoor security camera is also a worth-buying option, just like the others were.
I will be talking only about its important features. This security camera is Wi-Fi enabled, and has a good quality sound-motion detection feature. It can capture and record videos and photos with 1080p clarity which is a satisfying one.
It makes use of a dual-band radio to establish a connection with your network. Also, it is very compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can also operate it with voice commands. Finally, it has got an IP66 weather-resistance rating that will make it last longer.
- An excellent video quality of 1080p
- Good quality motion, sound, and people detection
- Comes with a free-subscription cloud storage facility
- Works well on a dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity
- Looking at the features, it is quite expensive
- A hub is required for interaction with other smart devices
This outdoor security camera is a very affordable option with some of the most amazing features that you can ever get. The motion, sound, and people detection ability are also very well. Thus, it can surely be a worth choice within your budget, and it won’t even cost you a lot.
So, these were my top 10 choices for buying the best 360-degree outdoor security camera. But, making your final choice isn’t an easy task. To make it easy, we will take a look at some basic things that you need to understand while buying an outdoor security camera.
1. There can be various reasons for which you can buy an outdoor security camera. So, make a checklist first. And when you go for buying a camera, check if it has all the sufficient features required to fulfill your necessities.
2. Depending upon the use and application, there are various types of outdoor security cameras. The main three are – bullet cameras, that come with many wired systems, dome cameras, that are mounted on ceilings and can be controlled with a remote, and third are the wireless cameras that work on Wi-Fi. You can decide which one to buy, according to your budget and needs.
3. Another important thing to look for is the specifications or the features of the outdoor security camera. The main features include the app control, live view capacity, two-way talk, alerts system, shared access capability, geofencing, image and video quality, HDR mode, nigh vision clarity, range of motion, motion detection capacity, and the field of view. You will have to consider all these features and look for the best suitable option within your budget.
4. Another important thing to take into account is the durability of the camera. Remember, it’s an outdoor security camera. So, they have to be weatherproof and durable. In order to ensure this, check the IP ratings (Ingress Protection – damage resistance ability against dust and water) of outdoor cameras. Select only those outdoor security cameras that have a good IP rating. And finally, look for some other essential features like storage capacity, and the user warranty to make your ultimate choice.
Thus, this was all about buying the best 360-degree outdoor security camera. Take care of all the privacy concerns and other essential things, and buy the best one. You can see that these cameras are available in a wide price range. So, think well before you act, and keep your safe zones truly safe.